Before answering this question How to Create Graphic Designs Using Photoshop and .PSD Templates? First need to understand What is a .PSD file?
PSD is a file format for Adobe Photoshop. PSD files can be made by creating new files or saving the existing copies of image files. To make a PSD file, you need to follow these few simple steps:
- Step 1: Creating PSD files, any version of Photoshop will support the creation of PSD files.
- Step 2: Open an image file, most Photoshop projects begin with a base image. You must go to “File > Open” and browse for an image file you wish to make changes to (e.g. .jpg, .gif, .png)
Multiple images can be opened at once by pressing CTRL+ click and selecting multiple files in the browsing window. Alternatively, if you want to start a project from scratch, you can go to “File > New”.
You can duplicate the base background layer by right-clicking and selecting “Duplicate Layer”. This way you can work on the photo in a duplicate while preserving the base image in its background layer.
- Step 3: Add a layer to your photo, one needs to go to the “Layer” menu and select “Add New Layer”.
Layers allow one to make edits without altering the base image. One can draw on layers, add filters, and more. One can add as many separate layers as they would like to alter the photo.
- Step 4: Add a filter to the photo (optional), one needs to go to the “Image” menu and select “Filters”.
This will open a menu with several filter options. Filters offer a quick and easy way to make preset stylistic adjustments to the photo.
- Step 5: Save your PSD file, when one is done editing, they can go to “File > Save As”. In the dropdown menu, make sure “.PSD” is selected as the filetype.
If the PSD file was created from an existing image, the PSD will be a separate file with the changes made.
Photoshop will also automatically prompt the user to save the work (if they haven’t already) upon exiting the program.
Step 6: Resume editing your PSD, double-click the new PSD or go to “File > Open” in Photoshop. Upon opening, the layers and edits you included will remain intact and can be modified, deleted, or added.
How to Access a PSD file if you do not have Photoshop?
- Photopea Online.
- Google Drive.
GIMP. If you want to open and edit a PSD file for free, GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is the way to go.
Paint.NET. It is a very powerful graphical editor that can open a PSD file.
Or you can choose to select from our huge variety of ready-made file templates creatively made using Photoshop. Simply edit these 100% customizable templates and make your Graphics more appealing.
What are the Tasks Photoshop .PSD is Used for?
- Website designing.
- Graphic creation.
- Project layout making.
- Image writing.
- Styling with patterns and texture.
- Brand and logo designing purposes.
- Resume structure framing.
- Quote and fact picture framing.
- Business promotion purposes.
- Political and social media content creation.
What are the Features of Photoshop .PSD?
It creates layouts and layers with high-resolution frames.
It provides more detail work.
It provides many operational tools to complete poster making to the web-designing job.
Several editing tools facilitate quality and unique content.
What are the Benefits of Using Photoshop?
It helps to mix and match anything with the other and create a unique product.
It creates a high-resolution copy.
You can also make something contrastively bright or dark from its initial stage.
It is a helpful editor for photographs.
Its usage can strengthen your editing skills.
Photoshop is available in Multiple version Starting from Photoshop CS 2003 till Photoshop CC 2020 and so on.